Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chocolate Hills at Bohol (It's more fun in the Philippines!)

I really apologize for not posting lately. I had my vacation with my college friends somewhere in Visayas.  It's so far from my home town. And I had this vacation because I passed the entrance examination for college of LAW and consequently passed the interview. I got a recommendation from the DEAN of college of LAW himself. However, there among the 112 passers, only 70 will be taken. So, I'm still hoping and praying to be one of those of 70 lucky people.

This was my blog http://joneepslimwitch.blogspot.com/2013/02/when-kids-hug-back.html about taking the entrance exam.


So, we went to Bohol to see the CHOCOLATE HILLS.

This is the CHOCOLATE HILLS..

Philippines is known for many wonderful tourist destinations and Chocolate Hills is one of those nature's wonders our country has to offer.

From my home town General Santos City, take a ride via plane going to Cebu City, that would be an hour ride. Then from Cebu City, take a RORO or ferry boat/ ship going to BOHOL.  


There are 1268 chocolate hills in Bohol. Most of these hills are located in Carmen and Sagbayan, Bohol.




The original name of these hills was not Chocolate Hills. It was different. However, there was one American who have seen these hills and said to himself "Oh! It looks like little Hershey's".. And from that day, the locals called it Chocolate Hills.

On a rainy season, the hills look green because of the grass that grew on it. However, the chocolatey color will come out during Summer or when there's an extreme heat of the sun in the Philippines.

Took my chance and had this photo taken. It feels good to see these hills in real life. Seeing these in books were fine but being there is really different.




 This is at Sagbayan Peak, Bohol.







 With my friends Teacher Jessa Bayle and Teacher Shylah Dugaduga.



You could also find tarsiers in Bohol. This part of the Philippines is know for this kind of animal.


Tarsiers are haplorrhine primates of the family Tarsiidae, which is itself the lone extant family within the infraorder Tarsiiformes. Although the group was once more widespread, all the species living today are found in the islands of Southeast Asia. (from wikipedia)
 This is the view of the hills from Carmen, Bohol.



Hope you enjoy the pictures and the pieces of information I got for you. Please consider Bohol especially the Chocolate Hills in one of your destinations when you visit our country, Philippines. You will never regret it! The people are so hospitable, kind and friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment