Monday, February 25, 2013

Leisure 2: Photography

Photography

I know I promised to show you more of the Kalilangan Festival. I will post some after this post. So, as a mom, when I get bored and I have time, I do Photography.

Here are some of my first sessions at my grandma's garden. Of course with my cousin Carol Mae Deonoso's  lovely Canon camera. So, when she's not around, I'm using my Galaxy-Note that my husband gave me as a gift. But the pictures from my Galaxy are not yet here. So, thanks to them for supporting my love for photography especially love for NATURE... and probably my insanity about pictures as well..

Please take note that the first four pics with the tiny grasshoppers are taken just at the back of our room. There's a lot of grasses there and some grasshoppers.









The next pictures are at my grandma's garden. She's got tons of flowering plants.

 Rosy periwinkle. This is reddish purple. But it has other colors like lavender, purple and white.


 Sampaguita (Philippine National Flower)
This flower smells sooooo good! It makes a good garland. Most of the time, kids outside the Catholic Churches would sell garlands and Filipinos offer the Sampaguita Wreaths to the altars.


 I don't know what flower is this.


Bandera Espanola


Another flower I don't know again. But they used to harvest the flowers and make it into garlands or flower wreaths for graduation. 


Another flower I don't know. But what's really amazing about this one is that, when you try to look at it closely, it's like the face of a FLY or a BEE.


See!! It looks like a fly or a bee. That's my hand.


The flower for garland. 


Yellow Santan. I have to share a story about this flower. When we were kids, we used to get the little flower with a stick and sip the water or juice in it. Sometimes, we used it for making necklaces, bracelets and anklets. Our grandmother always reprimand us because of plucking her santan flowers. 


Calachuchi. This is the smaller version and odorless. But don't ever pick this! Because when you do that, your hand will taste sooooooooo BITTER. My grandma would always tell me that this is the African Calachuchi. Well, there's another type of calachuchi in our school, it's as huge as a tree and the flowers are white and it smells so good. Plus that kind of calachuchi was used for making ointment before by our forefathers / native Filipino people for treating insect bites. They used the branch.


 Ginseng


 Red Santan. I really remember the bracelet and necklace making part during my childhood.
I really enjoyed my childhood. I want my son to have the same.


White Bougainvilla. This plant belongs to special plants according to my dad. Later, I found out it was true. Because the white color you can see there, is often mistaken as the flower of this plant. Honestly, it's just the leaf. There's a discoloration of its leaves. The real flower is inside those leaves and it's so tiny. The most amazing part about this flower was when we took the tiny flower, turn it upside down and put it on our tongues. Just for fun!
White isn't the only color that this plant has. It has red, yellow, pink.


Another bougainvilla. If you take a look at it carefully, you will see what I was trying to explain earlier. The pink there is just the leaf. The real flower is the tiny one inside. It's so small.


The acapulco. This one is yellow. My grandma got another color, reddish pink.


So, I don't know this flower.
I really apologize if my first shots are not as great as you often see in others' pictures.
Well, if I can't beat them with quality,
At least I can beat them with originality.
How?
Look at this last photo.
Behind this photo is a rather old looking green gate.
That's my grandma's gate!
hahahaha

I hope you had fun looking at the pictures and the stories behind each pictures. I'm sharing my nature photography at the same time sharing my childhood.

I definitely wanna read your thoughts. Don't forget to leave a comment or visit my profile and check out my other blog about parenting.

Thanks!






2 comments: