Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Leisure 7: Macro Photos


These photos were taken last week. I just forgot to share it. Some of my macro shots. Mission accomplished  for WORM collection! But I think, I will be hunting more insects. I love insects, worms and all that bugs! :)


Fresh corn


 I love this kind of corn, really sweet.


fresh tomatoes and red onions


My sister's sunflower in full bloom.


Above is a beautiful sunflower. And below is this little grasshopper.


If you take a look at this photo real close... you will see there's a grasshopper and an ant.
It reminds me of Aesop's "The And and The Grasshopper" story.
It's a nice short story for children. It teaches kids and even adults about frugality.


 This is a mulberry. We have a tree at the back of the house. It may look like a blackberry but it's different.
Blackberry is a small plant and more like a shrub while mulberry is a fruit tree.
This color gives you a hint that it is already ripe. When it's unripe, the color is pink / red.
It's about half an inch in size or probably almost an inch.


I don't know the exact name of this worm but I really love this worm.
It is a shy type. It curls when you touch it. When it's healthy, the color is red.
When it's about to die, it turns into black.



Earthworm.
I also love this invertebrate. This was the STAR of our study (my classmates and I) during high school.
We have a lot of like this in our backyard. This worm is a sign that the soil is healthy. It aids in decomposing rotten fruits, vegetables and animal manure. 



That's it for today! For more of my photo shots, please visit the following:

http://joneeacedilla.blogspot.com/2013/03/leisure-6-photography-addiction.html
http://joneeacedilla.blogspot.com/2013/02/leisure-2-photography.html

Love, 

Jonee Slimwitch

2 comments:

  1. I love boiled corn
    http://loving-evelyn.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw me too evelyn... :) we've got a lot of fresh corns here straight from the farm.. Maybe when you decide to have a vacation here, I'll be your tour guide.. :)

      Delete