Saturday, February 2, 2013

Durian Garden



Kids love colourful things. Kids love animals. Kids love food!???

Parents love food. Parents love animals. Parents love colourful things.

So, how will parents let children love food with colourful surrounding plus animals in that particular place?

I have decided to take my son, my siblings and some of my cousins to one of those mini zoos in the Philippines with good food for everyone. I have been there once before we got back there again. But during that time, the place was so plain and simple. However, a lot of my previous students and friends keep telling that they really serve good food nowadays. As a food lover, will I let the opportunity slip thru? No! So, we went to Durian Garden.

Durian Garden is located at Polomolok. This place is 30-40 minutes ride from the city proper of General Santos. You can visit the place via bus, van or private vehicle. It has been visited by some of the Nation’s popular tv personalities.

They have a lot of animals. You could hear some birds talking in Cebuano (one language that Filipinos in this area use; one of the many native languages in the Philippines). They have other types of birds, eagles, ostrich, golden pheasant (which I first knew from the Korean Tv Series: Jewel in the Palace) and a lot more which I have to keep and see for yourself when you get to visit Durian Garden. They have one animal which could only be seen in the Philippines but that you have to find out. Plus they have a butterfly sanctuary. Kids will surely enjoy the place because of these animals.
(This is a peacock.)

(This is the talking bird. Seems to me that the bird knows I'm taking a photo. What a pose!)

(These are my cousins and at the back are the Durian Trees.)

(Do you know what that animal is? Clue: It is popular in Filipino Story Books :: pilandok at ang mga buwaya. Only in the Philippines!)

They have a lot of colourful flowers which I haven’t seen before. The aroma of Durian fills the air and when you look up; you could see how tall the Durian trees are. The second time around I went there; I really saw trees with lots and lots of Durian fruits. In the Philippines, we quote that as “hitik na hitik sa bunga”.

 (This is a Gumamela.)






They have rooms and function halls for those people who would like to have parties or celebrations in the place.


 (The person responsible for this blog.)


They serve good food. They serve fish dishes, pork dishes and seafood dishes. If you are going to visit there, I would suggest for you to try seapoo, lomi, pancit, grilled pork and a lot more of mouth-watering recipes. You will only need at LEAST Php500 for the food (estimated amount). But the most exciting part of this food trip is eating the Durian ice cream. Good news is – Durian ice cream is affordable. Their Durian cake (pre-ordered) is a must try! Don’t forget the Durian Pie as well.


The experience that I had with this place was really good. And with my son and my relatives, it’s even more memorable.

Both kids and parents love colourful things, love animals and love food. The Durian Garden way!

Note: Moms can always have bonding time with their children and husbands on the weekend. Spend some quality time with your family! Have a great day!
(People on this photo are my cousins, my sibling and my son, right there at the middle.)

Don't forget to visit my profile. From there, you could view my other blogs about moms, children, travel and leisure and business. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment