Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Gumasa, Sarangani Province


Gumasa, Sarangani Province

Beach time is fun time!!! Beach time is realization time!!!



My husband, my son and I love beaches... I mean who doesn’t? I don’t know how to swim, but I love the beach. It makes me relax and calm.

One of the beaches we’ve been was White Haven Beach Resort at Gumasa, Sarangani Province, a few hours ride from the city proper of General Santos. (I don’t know the exact time but more or less 1 and a half to 2 hours).


We really planned of going somewhere else but we ended up there and that’s a good thing because the beach is so serene and stress- relieving. (But never in my mind had I thought that this vacation would make me realize so many simple yet striking things).

When we arrived there, there was only us (my family and I) for the rest of the day. No visitors and other people to swim on that day. The people (staff) were so hospitable and accommodating. They kept smiling and they were friendly.

When I got out of the car, my husband smiled at me and said ‘the place is all ours”. I went to the cottage and saw what he meant.


I just took a deep breath and inhale positive energy, exhale negative ones when I was by the seashore and facing the endless water. I could see how the sky meets the sea. I could see how white the sand was (shells crashed for over thousands of years). Just imagine how blessed the Philippines is with it nature!


I saw how my cousins, grandma and uncle had fun with the scenery. They had so much fun! I had fun watching them.

My grandma is so loving the beach.





I saw how my son and my husband treasured every minute together. And on that day, we turned moments into memories. While watching my boys at a stone’s throw, I knew that my husband will be leaving soon for work and that made me feel awful. Our situation was never easy. Well, there was never an easy way when dealing with life.







Turning moments into memories.

I suddenly felt bad for children who couldn't appreciate how their parents work day and night for them or how their parents sacrifice being away from each other just to give their children the best that they could offer. I also felt bad for children who are well provided, staying with parents yet they rebel over material things not even thankful for what was given to them. I just hope and pray that my son won’t turn that way. I was deeply thinking on how every OFW was surviving just to feed their children here. I realized what parenting was.


I felt bad for couples whose relationship were no longer working and breaking their vows plus leaving their children behind. I never wanted to be in that kind of situation. I have read once on how an old couple (88-90 years old) managed to stay in their relationship. The old lady said “I was raised in times when there was a problem, learn to fix it and not break it.” (I may sound idealistic but believe me I’m not. I’m aware of divorce happening outside Philippines. I am even PRO – Divorce bill. I’m just a plain dreamer. I mean, admit it... Who doesn’t want to be happy with their relationship?) I realized what marriage was.

When I saw my cousins (the girls) played with the sand, I remember the story of the sand castle. It was a story about children playing with the sand, and then suddenly a huge wave came and flushed away the sand castles they built. But they still managed to laugh and give joy after what happened. Lesson learned: Don’t grasp material or immaterial things you know will fade sooner or later. Learn to let go!



Sometimes, being away from work or the city could help you refocus, think well and move forward. Life is too short, live it well.

Life was never easy. Well, who told you it was!?
Whoever lived an easy life must not have lived at all.
Enjoy every trial. Endure every pain. Ride every obstacle.
Go with the flow. Go with the current. But learn from those.
Once you're done, you have lived well!
-slimwitch-

(This place is really good. I am recommending this place for all the people who would like to visit the Philippines. It’s very peaceful and clean. They have rooms, food and nice people.)

Always remember:::


Don't forget to visit my profile. From there, you could view my other blogs about moms, children, travel and leisure and business.Feel free to ask me about the price of the food and fare. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hi. What day you visit? If you wont mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Sorry it took so long before I could reply. We went December of 2012. It was the time when people were already back to work..

      Delete